Assassins are on the loose. Their target? Your dream. This is the third in a series of five Public Service Announcements issued as a warning to be alert to these interlopers. Leading the list of the Most Unwanted are #1 Fear and #2 Envy. Today’s Most Unwanted: Shame.
Public Service Announcement
- Frequent accomplice with Fear and Envy.
- Transforms regret and guilt into self-condemnation. You not only made a bad choice but you are bad.
- Persistently reminds you that you didn’t just fail—you’re a failure. And you’re irreparably defective.
- Prefers to cloak itself as perfection; never resting until it’s attained. (It never rests.)
- Never, ever, ever, receives a compliment without rebuttal (spoken or unspoken).
- Highly creative in discovering new forms of self-deprication and diminishment.
- Hyper-vigilant in interpreting other’s responses (or non-responses) as all about you.